Actress Speaks about her Suicide Attempt

sham

Actress Shama Sikander, who made her presence felt in a few Bollywood films including Aamir Khan’s ‘Mann’ (1999), has opened up on how bipolar disorder forced her to try committing suicide.

The 34-year-old Shama had four years ago confessed that she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Recently, she has opened up on her struggle with the psychological disorder and added that it led her to try ending her life. ‘I was saved by my family members,’ Shama has reportedly quoted.

‘It couldn’t have been overnight and I am sure that I must have been accumulating stress for several years. I think my failed career and personal life caused huge stress and aggravated the psychological disorder,’ said Shama.

She was so vexed with her boring life that she wanted to give up. “I tried to commit suicide one night by swallowing several sleeping pills. My family members however immediately rushed me to the hospital and saved me,” said Shama talking about the drastic step. Shama Sikander was last seen in a short film titled Sexaholic.

The post Actress Speaks about her Suicide Attempt appeared first on telugu9pm.com.