Legal Action Likely Against Dangal!

dangal

Aamir Khan’s latest release ‘Dangal’ has received phenomenal reviews and is currently shattering box office records. Now, a legal action is likely against the makers for distorting the story (of wrestler Mahavir Phogat and his daughters, Geeta and Babita).

PR Sondhi, one of the 5 coaches of India’s women wrestling team during the 2010 Commonwealth Games, has in an interview said that he was disappointed with the filmmakers for showing his character in bad light. He said that he was depicted in Dangal by a character called PR Kadam and added that the makers doctored the facts in the name of cinematic liberty.

“I have trained Geeta and Babita Phogat for more than three years and there was no animosity between me and their father. There were four other coaches involved in the training, but the makers haven’t shown them in the film at all,” he said.

‘They made me look like an evil in Dangal in order to highlight the girls. It might have looked great on screen but, what about my reputation? Aamir Khan as well as Mahavir Phogat met me several times to take my inputs but they were said anything about changing the real story which damaged my reputation,’ he reportedly said.

Sondhi added that he was contemplating on taking legal action.

The post Legal Action Likely Against Dangal! appeared first on telugu9pm.com.